Take A Look
SRU Duplicate Jersey Numbers Policy
In cases where 2 players joining the same team have the same jersey number, when they have previously been on different teams, the following will determine who wears which numbers.
- Both players are encouraged to come to an agreement, ideally with 1 player offering to change their number for one that is not currently taken on the team.
- If this is not possible, the player who has been a SRU player for the longer period of time shall keep the number.
- If both players joined the club in the same season, then the matter will be decided on the toss of a coin. The loser picks a new number.
- Should neither player want to decide the matter by the toss of a coin, then both players will be required to take a new number from those not currently taken by the team.
- Any costs incurred with re-printing numbers, or purchasing new jerseys, should be shared between the 2 or more players who had the same jersey number.
- If there are 2 or more players on a team who need to chose a new number, they will draw lots to decide who picks their number first, from those remaining.
- If it is not possible to resolve the issue through the above steps, the DSO shall make the final & binding decision.