We are pleased to announce the return, back by popular demand, of our 6th year of sold out Winter Skills Development Academy.
Press Democrat reports
SRU are offering three WDA programs:
1. 2014 Winter Skills Development Academy: January 2014
* Only $145 * U6-U13 * includes 12 sessions, jersey and soccer ball, all coaching fees included, training by SRU elite coaches, sibling discount $99.
This two month program will assist young players in staying fit, learning new skills and using the winter months to fine tune their soccer. These 12 sessions are open to individual players, teams and coaches to learn from the experienced SRU coaching staff.
2. WDA Premier Academy: January 2014
* Luke Oberkirch * will be running the 2014 WDA Premier Winter Program: * U11-U13 * skill development, fitness and individual soccer analysis, intense training for U11-U14 boys and girls, with free nike ball. This program is suitable for players that have played competitive soccer. Must have playing U11 in 2011. To be eligible the player must have played Division 1 soccer in 2013.
3. 2014 WDA Premier Goalkeeping Winter Program: January 2014
* U11-U13 * 6 week, 12 sessions just for goalkeepers. Boys and Girls U11-U14 are invited to train with our goalkeeping coach. Ball included.
Program Director: Alan Finnie, originally from Scotland, Alan has been a top youth coach in Santa Rosa United for the past four years. His resume includes a BS in Sports Studies, numerous coaching certificates from the Scottish Football Association including "Development," "Early Touches," "Coaching Youth Footballers," and "Physical Preparation for Youth Footballers" certificates. Alan’s coaching experience includes three years as community coach with St. Mirren Football Club, two years as community coach with Glasgow Rangers, and three years with Major League Soccer (MLS) Camps in which he was the 2005 MLS Camps Coach of the Year.
Alan is currently the coach of the SRU U14 Girls Cyclones, the SRU U12 Girls Fire and the SRU U8 Boys Academy teams. Alan will be overseeing the WDA Program after a very successful program for the last 3 years.
Low Cost: We are going to again make this program affordable to everyone’s budget by keeping the cost as low as possible. However, we will guarantee the finest tuition in Sonoma County from our highly qualified SRU coaches.
Ages: WDA - U6-U12 year old Boys & Girls & WDA Premier U11-U13
Limited Spaces: We are expecting this program to sell out quickly and recommend that you contact Alan to reserve your place.
12 Sessions: The Winter Development Academy is an 6-week program that runs from January through February. The sessions include one training session and one game day per week. Two bonus sessions in November and December.
Times: starts January twice a week trainings.
Boys - Mon/SatGirls - Wed/Sat
Premier - Mon/Wed
Goalkeepers - Mon/Wed
Goalkeepers: Note on your application or when you get to the first session that you want to concentrate on goalkeeping.
Questions: Call Alan Finnie at 707-888-1207 or email him at email@example.com
How to Sign Up: Later in the year we will be taking reservations for 2014
"some" of our WDA Girls - see you in 2014 at our WDA!